The deviled egg's worst nightmare!!!
A dozen eggs
1 ½ large avocados
¼ c. cilantro- chopped
¼ c. onion- chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes (I used 6 from our garden)- chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 squirt of lemon juice
dash of red pepper flakes
dash of salt
1. Hardboil your eggs by placing them in a sauce pan full of cold water and bringing the water to a rolling boil.
2.Remove the pan from heat and allow them to sit for 15 minutes.
3.Move to an ice bath for another 15 minutes. This will make them easier to peel.
(Eggs that are a week+ old tend to peel easier but fresh will work too. )
4. Peel eggs.
5. Gently slice eggs in ½ placing the white on a plate and the yolk in a bowl.
6. Mix the avocado with the egg yolks and olive oil until creamy.
7. Fold in all other ingredients except the salt.
8. Spoon ping-pong ball sized dollops into the egg whites.
9. sprinkle salt over the top.
ENJOY! They didn’t even last 5 minutes in my house.
-hard boiled with love,