6 whole eggs
1/2 c. honey
1 c. lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 c. of raw almonds
1 c. of raw pecans
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. of melted coconut oil
1. Whisk eggs, honey, and lemon juice together in a small sauce pan.
2. Heat on medium/high and add coconut oil. Stir until the coconut oil has melted.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
4. Remove from heat and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken further.
1. Place nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped, do not puree. They should be in tiny pieces but not as fine as almond flour.
2. Mix the nuts with the remaining ingredients until they are well combined.
3. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8 x 12 pan. I used olive oil.
4. Heat oven to 400* and bake for 15-18 minutes. The crust will be done when you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
5. Cool crust completely before layering the filling over the top. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.