Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Upside Down Berry Pie
3c. Blue Berries
1c. Black Berries
5 truvia packets
1 tsp. vanilla
1tbsp. lemon juice
1c. almond meal
½ c. sliced almonds
1/4c. crushed pecans
1 dash cloves
1 tbsp. coconut milk
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350* and place oven rack 3/4 of the way up (close to the top but not too close).
2. On the stove, in a sauce pan, combine berries with water, 3 truvia packets, 1 tbsp of cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice. Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Using a straining spoon, divide berry mixture into 3 ramekins equally (around an inch high). Be sure not to transfer too much excess juice. (***save the left over juice if there is a lot, it makes a great paleo pancake syrup!)
4. In a seprate bowl, combine almond meal, sliced almonds, pecans, cloves, 2 tbsp. cinnamon, 2 truvia packets, coconut milk, and olive oil into a bread crumb-like consistency.
5. Top your berry filling with you nut mixture.
6. Place ramekins in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Remove, allow to cool, and enjoy!