Serves 6 to 8 people.
** When buying stock, canned, and packaged ingredients be sure to READ LABELS. It is 100% possible to find packaged and canned foods without additives. Look for labels that read “All Natural” but beware of added sugar.
- 3 lbs pork roast, cut in 1-2 in cubes
- Eggs- 2 eggs per person (optional)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 -2 cup green onion, chopped as garnish
- 4 tomatillos, diced
- 1 anaheim chili, diced with seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, dices with seeds
- 2 serrano peppers, diced with seeds
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (READ THE LABEL! Beware of sugar and crap you can not pronounce)
- 3 tbs taco seasoning (READ THE LABEL! Beware of sugar and crap you can not pronounce)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup beef stock
- Prep all fresh ingredients and place into 2 bowls. 1 bowl for the peppers and 1 bowl for the rest
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil, in a 5 quart (large and deep) skillet, over medium heat.
- Season and toss pork with all pork seasonings above. Place in skillet before oil begins to smoke. Cook until pork it is medium rare. (pink center)
- Stir in all fresh ingredients, except peppers. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add all canned ingredients and other seasonings, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, and let it simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes (or move to 6-8 qt crock pot and add stock, simmer over med-low heat for at least 30 minutes but as much as 6 hours.)
- In a separate pan heat 2 tbs olive oil and pan fry 2 eggs over-easy per person. (optional)